Friday, December 5, 2008

Market Shakeup

The Economic news has been weighing on the markets. People want the markets to go higher, the buyers try and push, but in the end, the sellers are in control as the constant drum beat of negativity resounds. The jobless report that comes out today was on everyone's mind. I couldn't bring myself to take a long position in that kind of situation. However, if there is a significant shake up today, and some of those weak kneed stock holders sell out, maybe we can get some momentum next week. If that flush can come, I might set myself up with a small long position to hold over the weekend, and play a gap up over the weekend--very risky, I know. We'll just see how it goes.

Futures are down, and the Q's appear to head for a gap lower. They broke through some recent support yesterday, looking to see where the next strong support might be hiding.