Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Boomerang

Drudge had it best: boomerang!

I had liquidated my long puts yesterday for a modest gain, but I was less that pleased. I decided to move my next trade to an out of the money trade and increase contracts and time to expiration to capture a larger move.

I put that on this afternoon, not to long after the failed beak out to the downside. 30 minute time frames looked good enough to go long, so I bought out of the money calls.

Then the market really took on a rally that was absolutely incredible to watch. I am going to stay long and as long as the market looks like it can maintain this bounce, let my profits run.

Also, E*Trade upgraded my trading status, I know have access to cheaper commissions, and other tools. Hats off to them. If you are looking for a broker, they have my business and recommendation.