Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Gapping Down

The Q's are gapping down today, after yesterday's gap up (and subsequent sell off). There is generally no good news out there. Earnings are looking bleak for several companies, bailouts around the world don't seem to inspire confidence, except in Germany. The primary trend is still down.

I had mixed signals over multiple time frames yesterday, so I remained out of the market. I am going to wait it out, and see if the Q's will test support from their prior 52 week lows. An important level to watch--if it holds, we will eventually be in for another tradeable rally to the upside. If it fails, another wave of sellers will emerge and things will slide, making for a good short position. I am going to stay disciplined and watch for the signals from the market, and trade them as they hold up.

CPSL also has earning today. They seem to remain in a good financial position. I'd like to see more movement to the upside with them. My covered calls are set to expire this month, and will continue to write them until I get assigned.