Sunday, July 20, 2008

Investing Naked

There have been several people in my life that have provided me with some understanding of the world of finance. On such gentleman was Barry Lawler, a writing professor at Oregon State University. He wrote a sensical, and quite whimsical how to guide on Investing.

This was my first real finance book that I read. I can't say that I understood everything, or much of anything at that point, except for the basic fundamentals. However, this short how to guide got me excited. It gave me the idea, that yes, with little to no effort, I could invest my money and do well enough for myself, but with enough time, determination, and the right effort vitamins I could invest my way to wealth.

I'll credit this work as the work that got me to care about money--my money, and future.