Monday, July 28, 2008

Slump

From the time I sold my mutual fund until May of '08, I did not make a single trade. I had my money tied up, and I continually told myself there are no trades to be made out there. The market is making a dramatic down turn, and it's not the time to jump in.

I was hoping that when the market was done making its down turn, I would have enough cash on hand, to get back into the market. Buy Low, Sell High. Or just wait.

And wait, and wait. I searched occasionally, but often times, I would just throw my hands in the air, and say, "I haven't the sorriest clue as to what to trade."

At one point, I went to my local library, and stood in the financial section just looking. I had some time on my hands, and I wanted to read a book on wealth creation, but which one? There were metric tons. How to get rich quick, millionaires the slow way, turtle your way to wealth, grave robbing for riches.

I went with Robert Allen's Creating Wealth, a book more or less on real estate investment guide--a bare bones layout for creating wealth.