Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Investment Vehicles

Sure real estate is a great investment vehicle that provides great returns, except in the now crashing, over inflated markets. Generally, they require too much time and up-front capital for someone such as myself. Rent prices in Texas don't support 100% financing options, or even 90%.

Still, Allen's book got me thinking. I need a vehicle that I can drive to wealth. And, if it's not real estate, what is it? Real estate might be great, if I had the capital. An apartment complex would be better.

Penny stocks are just the spammers dream, not the realities of millionaires. For me, that seemed to be the only way to get enough leverage in the market to actually make any money, but those stocks are really a crap shoot. I need a safer vehicle, and something that isn't so capital intensive.

Since I had made my first trade, I was vaguely aware of Options, but click on the options page, and I was lost and it was literally (pardon my pun) but all Greek to me. I never bothered to learn what they were and how they worked. That is until I stumbled across a book in the librarys' finance section: Options Made Easy, by Guy Cohen.

This book opened my eyes to the world of Options.