Saturday, July 19, 2008

The Point of it All

My goal is to build wealth. I am in the process of learning, and this is my journey--triumphs, losses and all.

I grew up learning the tenant, buy low and sell high. I generally equated this with the stock market, and this was the only way to make money. As I learn about investments, and the various vehicles, I find that the premise that I learned young was flawed at best.

Yes buy low, and sell high, this will make you money, but to take just a few thousand dollars and turn it into seven figure wealth I will need to buy a stock and see it increase over a %1000. This isn't realistic.

No, I need real investment vehicles, with realistic returns, and reasonable risk.

Here I will document my attempts at taking a small amount of money and making myself wealthy. You can see the different investment vehicles I use, and what I do wrong, and what I do right. And, hopefully you can learn something through my attempts.